When you use peroxide to get blood out of fabric it is amazing how it will just foam it right out. Also when you spray peroxide directly onto mildew or mold you can literally see it killing the fungus. Of course my teenagers make fun of me when I tell them to use peroxide for anything because they are kids, never tried it, and think parents don’t know what they are talking about. I wouldn’t recommend using peroxide on cuts or scrapes on your skin though.
My teenager often goes to hang out with her cousins over at their house. My kids have obviously talked about my peroxide recommendations while at this house and they make fun of me. My daughter told me that the Mother frequently makes fun of me also. Very frequently when someone at their house gets a very minor injury or complains about something this mother will say “hurry, get the peroxide”. I was truly hurt by this.
I realized that doing something stupid like making fun of a childs parent in front of them will come back to bite her eventually and that I would not even have to say a thing. I can’t help but think though that this mother should have said “hey, you shouldn’t talk about your mom like that”. That would be the good parenting thing to do so that her and my children can see how to act properly.
Karma or what: Two and a half days after my daughter gave me this upsetting news and I was still nursing my very hurt feelings this mother came up to me and started telling me how her cat had killed a rat on her carpet and how it left a huge blood stain. She told how she poured bleach on her carpet to get the blood and germs out. It ruined the carpet. It was too late to tell her about how peroxide would have lifted the blood right out, germs and all without damaging the carpet. J
Karma or what: Two and a half days after my daughter gave me this upsetting news and I was still nursing my very hurt feelings this mother came up to me and started telling me how her cat had killed a rat on her carpet and how it left a huge blood stain. She told how she poured bleach on her carpet to get the blood and germs out. It ruined the carpet. It was too late to tell her about how peroxide would have lifted the blood right out, germs and all without damaging the carpet. J
Dang! I love the Karma part. What goes around comes around. Too bad she just parrotted the peroxide cure but it actually didn't sink into her pea sized brain that actually peroxide will take the blood right out without harming the carpet at all.
ReplyDelete